| AP Photo/Manish Swarup
GREATER NOIDA, India (AP) -- Two-time defending champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull has quashed rumours he has signed a deal with Ferrari, seeking to reassure team members who see fresh reports he is preparing to join the Italian team.
"You don't know every single one in the team and it is hard to speak to each of them, but if there is bullshit published in the press, obviously there might be some concerns back in the factory," Vettel told reporters after winning the Indian Grand Prix on Sunday.
"But I'm 100 percent behind them, just as they are 100 percent behind me. At the moment, there is nothing to report and I'm very happy with Red Bull Racing."
Rumours of a Vettel move gained momentum earlier this month when Felipe Massa signed a one-year contract extension with Ferrari for 2013, raising speculation a big-name replacement was being teed up for the following year.
Vettel has a contract with Red Bull through to the end of 2014, though reportedly with conditions on the final year of the deal.
"It could be quite funny now, there is nothing to tell you, nothing I've signed, nothing has changed," Vettel said after his fourth consecutive victory. "It's quite amazing, I don't read that much and it is surprising to get to the circuit where you get all these questions."
Vettel currently leads the championship standings with 240 points. Alonso is the only other driver with a realistic chance to win the championship with 227 points.