Name: Romain Grosjean
DOB: Apr 17 1986
Most Races For: Lotus - 76
No. Of Races: 105
No. Of Podiums: 10
- To balance out the glamour of life as a racing driver, Grosjean has put in plenty of stints of part-time work at a Swiss bank in Geneva.
- His grandfather on his mother’s side was a very well known iron craftsman (Edgar Brandt) who constructed the ironwork on the unknown soldier’s grave under the Arc de Triomphe.
- Grosjean took a successful step back from F1 in 2010, becoming AutoGP champion despite missing a third of the season’s races.
- Grosjean's father wouldn’t let him race until he improved his grades at school.
- Grosjean's grandfather on his father’s side, finished second in the skiing world championship in 1950, in Aspen.
- Grosjean admits to an embarrassing moment in one Formula Renault race in 2004 when he stopped a lap too early.
- Grosjean is a member of Toques Blanches Lyonnaises: a very famous group of French chefs.
You start your career in Formula One thinking ‘Okay, that’s a new challenge, a tough challenge’ but then you work into the season and you think ‘Whoa! This challenge is even bigger than I thought!'
- Romain Grosjean
Most successful drivers to have raced with Romain Grosjean