Name: Peter Revson
DOB: Feb 27 1939
Place Of Birth: New York
Most Races For: McLaren - 23
No. Of Races: 30
- Peter Revson piloted a 32-foot long aircraft called ChrisCraft.
- Known for having a way with ladies, he courted the 1973 Miss World, Marjorie Wallace.
- He is the last American born driver to have won a Formula One race.
- Revson’s brother Douglas also lost his life in a crash in Denmark in 1967.
"I really feel he was one of the top six drivers in F1"
- Teddy Mayer, former McLaren team manager
My uncles Charles and Joseph, along with my father Martin, founded Revlon. The original chemist was Charles Lachman. They took the 'L' from Lachman's name, and turned Revson into Revlon. Peter, being the first boy born, was the only child among the families, to receive the name."
-Jennifer Revson, Peter’s siste
Most successful drivers to have raced with Peter Revson