Name: Kimi Raikkonen
Nickname: Ice Man, Kimster
DOB: Oct 17 1979
Place Of Birth: Espoo
Most Races For: Ferrari - 108
Kimi Raikkonen's talent is undeniable.
Dropped by Ferrari at the end of 2009 in favour of Fernando Alonso, the Scuderia had no choice but to re-sign the Finn for 2014 and beyond after Maranello struggled under the Red Bull era.
Having taken a sabbatical from Formula One for two years to compete in the World Rally Championship, Raikkonen returned to F1 in 2012 with Lotus. And Unlike Michael Schumacher's dismal comeback, the Finn had lost none of his drive.
But just two race wins in two years in a financially struggling outfit wasn't enough. Despite the handicap, he was a title contender in both the campaigns at one point or the other.
And he wasn't racing for charity either. Having not been paid by Lotus, Raikkonen returned to Ferrari, where he clinched his title in 2007, unflustered with the fact that he would be teaming up with the politically-driven Fernando Alonso.
For 2015, he would be paired up with Sebastian Vettel with the two carrying the burden of reviving championship hopes of the team.
Runner-up twice before with McLaren, the Iceman - nicknamed for his cool demeanour - has versatile skills in motorsport, having participated in not only NASCAR but also in rallying.
His talents were such that he was roped in by leading F1 team McLaren in 2002 to replace the departing double world champion and compatriot Mika Hakkinen. Raikkonen's flair however was evident from the moment his F1 career began, when he scored a point in his debut race with Sauber.
He won the title in his debut season with Ferrari although the succeeding years proved to be lacklustre. We just have to wait to watch Raikkonen unleash again.
- In 2005, Raikkonen equaled the record of wins in a single season without winning the title (7), shared with Alain Prost (1984, 1988) and Michael Schumacher (2006).
- In the 2005 and 2008 seasons, Raikkonen equaled Michael Schumacher's record of ten fastest race laps in a season, set in 2004.
- In 2008, Raikkonen was the then highest paid driver in Formula One with an estimated salary of $51m per year.
- In 2008, Raikkonen appeared on a set of Finnish postage stamps.
- Snowmobiles, snowboards, yachting and ice hockey are among his favourite pastimes.
- Raikkonen famously only had a total of 23 car races in his life before he made his F1. He won 13 of them.
- After a return from a sabbatical in 2012, he finished all his 20 races; 19 of which were in the points
- He finished a record 27 races in a row in the points during the 2012 and 2013 seasons.
Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!
- Raikkonen instructs his race engineer during the 2012 Abu Dhabi GP
Most successful drivers to have raced with Kimi Raikkonen