Name: Juan Pablo Montoya
Nickname: Monty, Mont-ster
DOB: Sep 20 1975
Place Of Birth: Bogota
Most Races For: Williams - 68
- 7 of Montoya’s 13 career pole positions came in the 2002 season.
- With 30 podium finishes from 94 race starts Montoya, averaged 1 out of 3 results among the top three.
- Montoya gathered 82 points, the highest in his career, in the 2003 season when he finished 3rd in the Drivers’ Championship.
- Montoya overtook Michael Schumacher in just his third race in 2001.
"His incredible skills at overtaking - to which he brings an improvisation, bravery, deftness and flair that has arguably never been seen before - are inseparable from his mercurial character. It is easy to forget that until Montoya's arrival in the sport in 2001, overtaking in modern F1 was considered so difficult as to be almost impossible. That is still the case, but Montoya has been able to transcend the limits imposed on drivers by complex aerodynamics and shorter braking distances and pull off passing moves that can only be described as breathtaking... The fact that no-one else has been able to emulate him merely underlines his astonishing ability - he will probably be remembered as the best overtaker in F1's history."
- Andrew Benson, Motorsports Editor, BBC on Montoya.
Most successful drivers to have raced with Juan Pablo Montoya